B.A. in Liberal Studies
This is a new program; please contact admissions staff for launch date.
The Educational Objectives for the B.A. in Liberal Studies include:
- To develop a liberal vision based on an understanding of consciousness and culture which can be carried forward to engage and transform the professions of Psychology, Business, Education, and the Arts.
- To develop information, communication, and social entrepreneurial competencies.
- To develop creative inquiry and writing skills.
- To develop leadership capacities which further professional engagement.
Graduation Requirements for B.A. in Liberal Studies
- Students are required to complete 180 units of coursework of which between 60 to 80 units are completed at Meridian. A minimum of 100 units need to be completed at other institutions including all General Education Requirements.
- Students are expected to complete a Creative Action Project (Capstone). This project may be completed individually or collaboratively.
|FIRST YEAR||SECOND YEAR|
Consciousness, Culture, & Social Transformation I
Transformative Education I
Leadership & Creative Inquiry I
Human Development I
Media & Contemporary Culture
Collaborative & Cultural Leadership I
Consciousness, Culture, & Social Transformation II
Transformative Education II
Leadership & Creative Inquiry II
Human Development II
Diversity & Cultural Praxis
Collaborative & Cultural Leadership II
Organization Development & Transformation I
Information & Communication Studies
Leadership & Creative Inquiry III
Democracy, Conflict & Sustainability I
Art & Sustainability
Collaborative & Cultural Leadership III
Organization Development & Transformation II
Leadership & Creative Inquiry IV
Democracy, Conflict & Sustainability II
Collaborative & Cultural Leadership IV