MFA in Interdisciplinary Arts
This is a new program; please contact admissions staff for launch date.
The Educational Objectives for the MFA include:
- To develop the ability to engage social and cultural issues through interdisciplinary arts practices.
- To acquire professional knowledge and skills in a specific arts medium, informed by the principles and practices of interdisciplinarity.
- To develop creative inquiry practices and skills in support of Transformative Learning in the arts domain.
- To cultivate leadership capacities which further professional engagement with the arts.
Graduation Requirements for MFA in Interdisciplinary Arts
- Students are expected to complete 75 units of coursework and a Capstone project.
- Students are expected to complete a Creative Action Project (Capstone) utilizing a specific medium (creative writing, film, performance, or other within an interdisciplinary context).
|FIRST YEAR||SECOND YEAR|
Consciousness, Culture, & Social Transformation
Diversity & Cultural Praxis
Creative Inquiry and the Arts I
Media & Contemporary Culture
Art & Cultural History
Creative Action Project I
Interdisciplinary Arts Practicum I
Art & Ritual Studies
Creative Inquiry and the Arts II
Interdisciplinary Arts Practicum III
Ensouled World: Art & Leadership I
Creative Action Project II
Eros & Aesthetic Imagination
Myth & Contemporary Culture
Creative Inquiry and the Arts III
Art & Sustainability
Creative Action Project III
Interdisciplinary Arts Practicum
Imagination, Emotion, and the Arts
Studies in Creative Transgression
Ensouled World: Art & Leadership II
Creative Action Project IV