In this one-time-only, intensive weekend workshop, Jean Houston, Chancellor of Meridian University, took participants on a journey through the principles and practices that are at the core of her graduate program on Leadership and Social Transformation at Meridian.
We are in the midst of a great breakdown of civilization as we have known it and find ourselves in the most massive shift of perception humankind has ever known. The forces of entropy and fear seek to restrain and regress us. We know that there is no going back, especially given the massive challenges that face us today.
Many are having the experience which Dante described as awakening, "in a dark wood, where the true way was wholly lost.” Simplistic, formulaic answers to the chaos are hawked everywhere, luring the disoriented into false purpose.
In this workshop, we will explore how true education can evoke, inspire, and empower us with the capabilities required to bring our vocation and profession together. Such true education enables us to lead lives of sacred purpose, where our passions and capabilities are forged into our livelihood.
In this workshop, you will:
- Learn how to deepen and strengthen the inner life and its inter-connectedness to the whole.
- Understand how to enhance human solidarity through honoring cultural and development differences.
- Discover how the membrane between cultures, between old and new ways of being is breaking down, into a worldwide fusion not known before.
- Explore how through the patterns of social backlash, consciousness is remaking itself, with results both creative and chaotic.
- Experience aligning yourself with the power of your highest purpose.
- Engage embodied practices that evoke the impact projects and initiatives you are called to.
- Activate imaginal powers that will catalyze your destiny in social artistry.
- Learn to identify which ecology of competencies most prepares you for the profession you are called to.
- Connect and collaborate with others who are engaging their call to sacred purpose.
The Chancellor of Meridian University, Dr. Houston is a visionary researcher who has authored nearly 30 books and worked intensively in over 40 cultures, lectured in over 100 countries, and worked with major organizations such as UNICEF and NASA. Dr. Houston has developed a worldwide network of leaders including Joseph Campbell, Margaret Mead, Buckminster Fuller, Jonas Salk, US presidents Jimmy Carter and Bill Clinton, as well as US Secretary of State Hillary Clinton, giving her unique insight into the human potential. Dr. Houston's book, A Passion for the Possible, was an expansive compliment to her inspiring PBS special of the same name. Dr. Houston has served on the faculties of Columbia University, Hunter College, Marymount College, The New School for Social Research, and the University of California. She holds doctoral degrees in both psychology and religion. Since 2002, Dr. Houston has been working with the United Nations Development Program, training leaders in developing cultures throughout the world in the field of Social Artistry.
Continuing Education Credit
Meridian University is an approved provider of continuing education credits. This training qualifies for 11 hours of continuing education credit for the following California licensed health professionals:
- MFT’s, LCSW’s, and LPCC’s (California BBS provider PCE #1391)
- RN’s (California BRN provider CEP #14996)
Event Information - Concluded
Date: Saturday and Sunday, February 18-19, 2017
Time: 10am - 5pm
Location: Four Points by Sheraton
San Rafael, Marin County
Cost: $150 (+ $25.00 for optional CE Credit)
Cancellation and Refund Policy: The full registration fee, less a $20 processing fee per person, will be refunded with 72 hours notice.