Meridian's Center for Transformative Learning Presents:
Working Together Towards a Possible World:
Leadership, Social Transformation, and Next Stage Development
July 22 - 23, 2017: A Weekend with Jean Houston and Don Beck in the San Francisco Bay Area.
Join with renowned thought leaders Jean Houston and Don Beck at Meridian University for a unique two-day workshop exploring the development of consciousness, culture and social systems through the lens of Don Beck’s Spiral Dynamics.
We are in the midst of a great breakdown of civilization, as we have known it; we find ourselves in the most massive shift of perception that humankind has ever known. The forces of entropy and fear seek to restrain and regress us, but we know that there is no going back, especially given the massive challenges that face us today.
During these two days, Jean and Don will share strategies and experiences to cross the great divide of otherness. Participants will learn how to move towards new ways of being that encompass the genius of previous stages of development but as well move towards the experience of living in a world where all cultures are valued, the earth is protected, and where together we work towards a higher order of civilization.
In this workshop you will:
- Explore ideas and examples of how today's unique challenges in a time of whole system transition can be more effectively traversed via specific shifts in consciousness.
- Learn how to deepen and strengthen one’s inner life and its inter-connectedness to the whole.
- Understand how to enhance human solidarity through honoring cultural and development differences.
- Discover how the membrane between cultures - and between old and new ways of being - is breaking down into a worldwide fusion not known before.
- Explore how, through well-known patterns of social backlash, consciousness is remaking itself, with results both creative and chaotic.
- Experience aligning yourself with the power of your highest purpose.
- Engage embodied practices that evoke the impact projects and initiatives to which you are called.
- Learn to identify the ecology of competencies that most prepares you for the profession you are called to.
- Connect and collaborate with others who are engaging their call to sacred purpose.
Jean and Don believe that we are coded for this greatness and can become the change that makes the change.
About Don and Jean
Jean Houston, Chancellor of Meridian University, is a visionary researcher who has authored nearly 30 books and worked intensively in over 40 cultures, lectured in over 100 countries, and worked with major organizations such as UNICEF and NASA. Dr. Houston has developed a worldwide network of leaders including Joseph Campbell, Margaret Mead, Buckminster Fuller, Jonas Salk, US presidents Jimmy Carter and Bill Clinton, as well as US Secretary of State Hillary Clinton, giving her unique insight into the human potential. Dr. Houston's book, A Passion for the Possible, is an expansive compliment to her inspiring PBS special of the same name.
Although Dr. Jean Houston is best known for her work in human and social development and the realization of our human capacities, she is also a cultural historian and an explorer of the psychology and philosophy of history. As the “adopted” daughter of the anthropologist Margaret Mead, she was sent into the field to study the ways in which different cultures brought their own unique experience of different kinds development. “Jean, go out and harvest the human potential,” Dr. Mead directed her.
Dr. Don Beck is a leading authority on societal change, large-scale psychology and cultural emergence. Dr. Beck has elaborated upon the work of his mentor, Clare W. Graves, to develop a multidimensional model for understanding the evolutionary transformation of human values and cultures. As cofounder of the National Values Center in Denton, Texas, and CEO of the Spiral Dynamics Group, Inc., Dr. Beck is employing the Spiral Dynamics model to effect large-scale systems change in and among various sectors and societies of the world.
Continuing Education Credit
Meridian University is an approved provider of continuing education credits. This training qualifies for 11 hours of continuing education credit for the following California licensed health professionals:
- MFT’s, LCSW’s, and LPCC’s (California BBS provider PCE #1391)
- RN’s (California BRN provider CEP #14996)
July 22 - 23, 2017
10:00 a.m. - 5:00 pm.
$250.00 (+ $25.00 for optional CE Credit)
Please note that lodging, breakfast and lunch will not be provided.
Ursula Hall @ Angela Center
400 Angela Drive
Santa Rosa, CA 95403
Single-occupancy dorm-style lodging available onsite for Friday and Saturday nights (booked via the registration form)
Registration has now closed for this event. Please stay tuned for updates on our next event.