Why The Convergence, and Why Now?
Our Historical Moment Requires a New Kind of Professional
We live in a time of agonizing challenges and creative disruptions that require a deeper and higher order of capability from those who choose to engage this historical moment. The challenges humanity faces are so complex that our historical epoch is sometimes described as a crisis of complexity. This is at the core of our current ecological, economic, and political turmoil. In each case, what is required of humanity is more complex than what our current capabilities support. Even our own inventions—technologies, cultural memes, and organizations—have been evolving into increasingly complex forms which have increased the demands of everyday life.
In response to these challenges, transformative initiatives are emerging and converging all around the globe. Our global circumstances require practitioners involved in transformation and leadership to develop a unique ecology of competencies that is complex enough for the requirements of the present.
Many of us are called to lives of sacred purpose where we seek to connect professional livelihood with personal meaning and passion. However, there is a widening gap between the challenges of complexity and our individual and collective capabilities. To realize our potential for passionate and meaningful livelihood, it is imperative that we close this gap by building a bridge of capability.
"There is nothing so practical as a good theory."
What are Integral Practitioners?
Integral practitioners foster the development and transformation of individuals, teams, organizations and societies by empowering the whole person and the whole system. In domains such as education, business, healing, coaching, and the arts, integral practitioners bring imagination to complex challenges in the service of transforming mindsets, cultures and social systems.
Integral Practitioners catalyze development in multiple domains of professional practice through facilitating transformative learning at different levels: individuals, teams, organizations, and social systems.
Integral practitioners make an impact by:
- Facilitating incremental, adaptive and transformative change.
- Catalyzing development through transformative learning.
- Engaging the vitality and emergence of development and evolution.
- Leading in ways that take responsibility for the whole.
- Evolving new methods of creative collaboration.
- Securing the function of integrity in integral practice.
- Developing the whole person: cognitively, emotionally, somatically, and spiritually.
- Integrating action and reflection through collective action inquiry and learning.
- Anchoring the sacred by reuniting the artistic and the scientific.
- Innovating prototypes that can be scaled while sustaining beauty and practicality.
- Inhabiting both the contemplative and the performative.
- Inquiring through both expressive and scientific methods.
- Healing division within historically wounded systems of relationships.
"You could say paradigms are harder to change than anything else about a system…. But there’s nothing physical or expensive or even slow in the process of paradigm change. In a single individual it can happen in a millisecond. All it takes is a click in the mind, a falling of scales from eyes, a new way of seeing."
The 2021 Convergence: Connect, Collaborate, Create
Calling Coaches, Entrepreneurs, Innovators, Consultants, Changemakers, and Leaders...
Integral practitioners from around the world are converging on April 17 - 18, 2021 to learn from each other about the capabilities, methods, models and practices that they are innovating in the context of their professional engagements.
Who should participate?
Participants will include aspiring, early career, mid-career, established, and distinguished Integral Practitioners in the domains of education, coaching, organizational leadership, business, and well-being & healthcare.
What will Convergence participants do?
- Experience a diverse community of inquiry and practice.
- Engage with established Integral Practitioners from around the world via live video regarding their professional work and learning journeys.
- Connect with other aspiring and emerging practitioners.
- Collaborate with others in prototyping your practice idea.
- Discover the distinct web of competencies required for realizing your unique vision of integral practice.
- Explore the core consciousness capacities vital for Integral Practitioners.