Onsite and Online
Master's in Psychology
"Freedom is being able to accept people for who they are without trying to understand all they are."Maya Angelou
The Master's in Psychology curriculum offers two years of coursework in psychology and Imaginal Psychology. The later draws on spiritual traditions, somatic practices, creative arts, mythology, indigenous wisdom, literary and poetic imagination, deep ecology, mystical philosophy, cultural history, and social critique. This program provides students with the opportunity to activate core capacities and develop skills which are relevant for pursuing alternative paths in psychology.
The Master's in Psychology program takes a distinct approach to Transformative Learning, emphasizing the transformation of identity, as well as that of personal and professional life. The program emphasizes embodiment, meaning-making, and community-making as critical dimensions for creative participation in contemporary, postmodern society.
- To develop leadership capacities which further professional engagement with the profession of psychology.
- To develop creative inquiry practices and skills.
- To identify one’s own culturally constituted, perceptual lenses.
- To acquire the knowledge base of Imaginal Psychology and to differentiate it from the major orientations to Psychology.
- To develop competencies for bringing principles and practices of transformative learning into cultural contexts.
- Students are required to complete 64 units (640 hours).
- After completing all coursework, students are required to pass written and oral comprehensive examinations.
- Students have a maximum of four years from their initial date of enrollment to complete their Master’s in Psychology degree
- Note: This degree is not eligible for clinical licensure.
Please consult the Academic Catalog (click to download in PDF format) for the curriculum overview and course descriptions relevant to the M.A. in Psychology.
For important information about the educational debt, earnings, and completion rates of students who attend this program please visit the Gainful Employment page.